Wednesday, 28 January 2015

ROMANCING THE HEART OF THE CITY-CONNAUGHT PLACE

Hey lovelies!

I hope you are still enjoying the weather that's gradually warming up to welcome spring. Days seem better and more pleasant now giving us Dilliwalas have a brand new reason to go out there and soak up the sun.

And ofcourse enjoy the best of the season with some idling and strolling around at our favorite haunts. Talking of which reminds me ofmy adorable CP. I am a true blue fan of this iconic landmark. Connaught place has been an inherent part of my childhood, youth and now my fashion journey.  Coming here today is giving me all sorts of feelings, like immortalized affection, attraction and love.

This is one of the most popular and high class shopping destinations of the country that attract as much local tourist as the firangi crowd. 

Home to some amazing eating joints, High end branded showrooms, Art and craft destinations, cinemas and all sorts of clubs lounges and cafe, CP is a package of all things bright and beautiful.
There's excitement, joy and a certain evocation of nostalgic memories..all this gave me a chance to convert a regular stroll into a journey of style and drama.


I started walking around with a few friends, recalling what all we had done in these white pillared blocks..shopping, eating, hanging around and just taking in the vibrant vibe of this place.


It was a sunny day with a cool breeze and I was rather excited to show off my recent loot!
Its sale time after all, and ZARA stole the show for me this time. Got this absolute beauty of a mid length camel colored skirt at some killer discounts and also this sheer cream blouse with a smart attached neck piece here.



Hanging around with my girl gang at a favorite cafe and giggling the day away was the idea of this relaxed and chic look. 


 We couldn't have had it any better than this. The roof top cafe was the best place to enjoy the amazing CP view and eat to our heart's content. Some sandwiches and fish later, we were all chatty and lightheaded. Such a bliss!


There's not much to ponder over in this simple yet effective look. The top has some pretty stones adorning the neckline making the style look high street and chic. It has a velvety soft feel to it and fits loosely on the body. I tucked it inside to give a structured look to this breezy blouson. It has a tie up ribbon at the back and a plunging V shape for that hint of glamor and tease.






My favorite nude pumps with pointed toes and this beautiful mouse colored envelope clutch (which is fast becoming a style staple for me!) became the only accessories that I chose today.


Of course it would be criminal to not include a statement watch and a smart cut out metal ring for that controlled dose of bling.


The skirt is just wow! I cant believe I found something so beautiful in a sale at such a crazy price! Stroke of luck I guess!


The SKIRT has panels that are creased in  alternative lengths and its an A-line wrap around with metal clasps on the belt. The slit is just right for that added stylish and high fashion look and the fit is a dream.


The fabric of both the skirt and the blouse are very soft and comfortable and they can be individually teamed up with many pieces for different moods and looks.

I strolled, I laughed, I shopped and I ate at my CP today. This was my LOOK OF THE DAY and You can try this for-


~A fun luncheon with pals
~A Sunday date with your love
~ A formal day event such as an art gallery visit or an exhibition.


 There is no limit to fashion and there is no limit to expression, All you need to do is BE ORIGINAL!

Hope you enjoyed this light hearted look as much as I enjoyed flaunting it!

Feel free to show some love if you like this!

2 comments:

  1. The pleated skirt looks fabulous for a work day. Paired with a crisp white shirt, it can just look so chic.
    Let's Expresso

    ReplyDelete