Wednesday, 30 April 2014

MY DADDY STRONGEST!

"And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside"
                                              - MARIAH CAREY, HERO



When it comes to heroes, everyone has one.
And like most girls, my Papa is my hero.
Quite literally. Not just a hero. He is my superhero, straight out of some comic book fiction.

Kind, gentle, smart, intelligent, caring, big hearted, world wise, knowledgeable, funny, witty, attractive, confident, tall, good looking, kind of an intimidating man with a strong head and a stronger voice.Yes, this is just one man I'm talking about.

People are in awe of my father. He seems to hold himself together in the toughest situations and thinks more logically in times of emergency or crisis. Everyone comes to him for advice.
He used to help me with my English and Mathematics back in school. I was always amazed by his memory and his strong grip on the basics. As  I am more of an impulse and the  instinct person rather a  than logical reasoning one.  he is my strongest support system and backbone of my parivaar.


My father, he has a big big heart. Anyone and everyone can come to him for any sort of help aid advice 24*7 and my father will be there with him/her physically, financially, in any capacity till the person needs him to be.

All his employees at all ranks respect him for his perception and his principles.

I remember this one time, my dad rushing out at 1 AM when one of the workers' daughter had an accident. I remember him staying there at the hospital  till all medical attention was given to the child.
I remember mom fighting with him for lending out huge amounts  of money in his business or his friends or any of his contacts.Just trusting  them blindly.. And he never complains when the money isn't returned. It just doesn't matter .He says its his way of helping people, at sometimes unrealistic costs, but the cost doesn't matter, the act,the intention does.

He still brings gifts for my mum on their anniversary, we always celebrate any reason there is to celebrate, together. Me and my brothers look upto him for the man that he is- the husband, the father the human.

 But my story with my dad is beyond all this.
I still feel like a little child wanting to hold his finger at a crowded place. With him I'm secure. Never lost. Never lonely. Never sad.

I'm his eldest child and I'm his princess.I'm too old to behave like a child ,but the purity of a father daughter relationship just never changes..even when I'll be 60.
 
For me, my dad is my 4 AM buddy. Somehow, trouble knocks my door around that time only ( given my temper tantrums about anything ),and I know its only him who can pacify me, make me see some sense and logic.

More than a thousand times when I saw no light and life (most of my teenage!) my dad would just show me the most beautiful chandeliers of bright light that would flood me with a sense of immense relief and hope. All the trouble would just vanish, like that ,poof!
He is just that.A Genie.

Its in his words, in his conduct and his being as a whole that I know I'm safe. Even now that I am a mother myself and I'm all grown up,I am my daddy's little girl.

And he is still the one and the only one who will always be my Superman.

 I am writing about #MyroleModelActivity as a part of the activity by Gillette India"  in association with Blogadda.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment