The IPL 7 isn't a game . Its a phenomenon.
Its a frenzy has caught our cricket crazy nation like wild fire.
I'm a housewife, I'm 30, I'm a mother, I live in a joint family, and I'm in love with cricket.
Sounds a bit ironic right, but then that's how it is.
IPL7 is like my savior. After all the routine and all the monotony I just need to watch this quick fast paced action packed and rather glamorous cricket game on my favorite sports channel Star Sports and the day becomes beautiful.
The IPL has truly come of age. From being a controversy child to the respected and anticipated event in the cricketing world every year, this game format has found its feet, and in style!
All the major big players are a part of this game which unites people from all over the world and sends them into a collective tizzy.
Like all patriotic citizens, I love my team,and I am a biggg Dhoni fan.
Captain cool is a wonderful player and the perfect captain.
So following and cheering for Chennai Super Kings is my obvious task in this game. But the craziest thing that I've done so far happened only recently, this fateful Monday evening.
Here's my story-
MATCH 26
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS V\S DELHI DAREDEVILS
IPL 7
FEROZSHAH KOTLA STADIUM
MAY 6, 8PM
Its been a long day. Kids, family, work and the likes.
Dhoni's team is playing against Delhi Daredevils. Between my city and my hero team..I'm a bit confused as to who I'm really supporting.
But im a Dhoni loyalist. So im rooting for CSK.
And as they say- Where there is a plan, There is a plan breaker. And with my luck, I was stuck in rut.
We had guests coming over for dinner on that fateful night. I didn't know what to do.
And then a wonderful but insane thought crossed my mind. I had to watch this match
at any cost. I had to dodge this family duty just this one day. Its the IPL for chrissakes!
So my crazy excuse, the stuff fiction short stories are made up of , was this( it worked!!!!!) -
"My friend's mum has had an accident (god forgive me!!!!!) and I need to be with her now." Some crocodile tears and fake calls later, I'm out ...Scot free!
And where do I go? Watching a match in the hospital wouldn't exactly be a noble idea so I hit a LOUNGE with extra large screens for the IPL, and free beers on the house with a few of my equally crazy friends. Over beer and snacks,loud cheers and the occasional abuses. We see Raina, Dwayne and Dhoni do the magic..taking the game to heights of entertainment and a nail biting heroic victory!
My lie was worth it.
My hero team won afterall.
And aunty was absolutely fine and will have a healthy long life.Touchwood.
I sincerely have to thank STAR SPORTS for making this lie and this experience worthwhile.The channel is a beautiful, perfect package of features and add ons that make this IPL bigger and better than it already is!
Now Cricket Just got Better with new STARSPORTS.COM
With the new amazing features on new STARSPORTS.COM, cricket has become more entertaining and fun! It has changed the way we follow cricket. Starsports.com has got many great features but the one that I love the most is the deferred live feed. Those five precious minutes just make sure I don't miss a thing! And i don't ignore my work either.
This post is a part of Cricket Just Got Better Activity by Starsports.com in association with BlogAdda.com
It is only in my blogger friend Vandana Choudhary of Life Rocks Blog insistence that I decided to blog :)
Its a frenzy has caught our cricket crazy nation like wild fire.
I'm a housewife, I'm 30, I'm a mother, I live in a joint family, and I'm in love with cricket.
Sounds a bit ironic right, but then that's how it is.
IPL7 is like my savior. After all the routine and all the monotony I just need to watch this quick fast paced action packed and rather glamorous cricket game on my favorite sports channel Star Sports and the day becomes beautiful.
The IPL has truly come of age. From being a controversy child to the respected and anticipated event in the cricketing world every year, this game format has found its feet, and in style!
All the major big players are a part of this game which unites people from all over the world and sends them into a collective tizzy.
Like all patriotic citizens, I love my team,and I am a biggg Dhoni fan.
Captain cool is a wonderful player and the perfect captain.
So following and cheering for Chennai Super Kings is my obvious task in this game. But the craziest thing that I've done so far happened only recently, this fateful Monday evening.
Here's my story-
MATCH 26
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS V\S DELHI DAREDEVILS
IPL 7
FEROZSHAH KOTLA STADIUM
MAY 6, 8PM
Its been a long day. Kids, family, work and the likes.
Dhoni's team is playing against Delhi Daredevils. Between my city and my hero team..I'm a bit confused as to who I'm really supporting.
But im a Dhoni loyalist. So im rooting for CSK.
And as they say- Where there is a plan, There is a plan breaker. And with my luck, I was stuck in rut.
We had guests coming over for dinner on that fateful night. I didn't know what to do.
And then a wonderful but insane thought crossed my mind. I had to watch this match
at any cost. I had to dodge this family duty just this one day. Its the IPL for chrissakes!
So my crazy excuse, the stuff fiction short stories are made up of , was this( it worked!!!!!) -
"My friend's mum has had an accident (god forgive me!!!!!) and I need to be with her now." Some crocodile tears and fake calls later, I'm out ...Scot free!
And where do I go? Watching a match in the hospital wouldn't exactly be a noble idea so I hit a LOUNGE with extra large screens for the IPL, and free beers on the house with a few of my equally crazy friends. Over beer and snacks,loud cheers and the occasional abuses. We see Raina, Dwayne and Dhoni do the magic..taking the game to heights of entertainment and a nail biting heroic victory!
My lie was worth it.
My hero team won afterall.
And aunty was absolutely fine and will have a healthy long life.Touchwood.
I sincerely have to thank STAR SPORTS for making this lie and this experience worthwhile.The channel is a beautiful, perfect package of features and add ons that make this IPL bigger and better than it already is!
Now Cricket Just got Better with new STARSPORTS.COM
With the new amazing features on new STARSPORTS.COM, cricket has become more entertaining and fun! It has changed the way we follow cricket. Starsports.com has got many great features but the one that I love the most is the deferred live feed. Those five precious minutes just make sure I don't miss a thing! And i don't ignore my work either.
This post is a part of Cricket Just Got Better Activity by Starsports.com in association with BlogAdda.com
It is only in my blogger friend Vandana Choudhary of Life Rocks Blog insistence that I decided to blog :)

I love reading your experience!
ReplyDelete