Sunday, 25 October 2015

THE URBAN PRINCESS- Outfit ideas for Light formal occasions.

Wedding season is just around the corner so I am going to do a few posts on Indian wear for all the girls who love my style and want to borrow a bit of inspiration from it in their wardrobes. Today's outfit is not a heavy embellished Indian lehnga or saree or suit, but an Indo western gown that you can flaunt on one of the lighter functions around the actual wedding- such as sangeet or mehndi or lagan (These are references in context to you being a relative of the bride and not trousseau ideas for the bride!)

 
These pictures and the entire look had me feeling like a princess quiet really and so I though what better title than this!



Head chain with a delicate MAANG TEEKA a long ombre ethnic gown and a luxury hotel location- I think think the entire set up was a conspiracy(unplanned though) to make me actually transform into a princess. This outfit by +VAJOR  had me at the instance I laid my eyes on it! 



I own a few gowns that are either Indian or western but this one is a stunning combination of both worlds. And I am so glad I have something that's light and effective for those occasions that require you to look Indian but not over the top dressy - Maybe a mehndi night or a little sangeet party, I know I could wear this long gown and accessorise it smartly to look Indo western Chic to the hilt!



The colour is one of the high points of this dress. A soothing lemon fading into a white ombre is dreamy and classy. This is a good col or for most skin tones so any of you can try it for your next outfit. 


The yoke is done with a light brocade and that is the only embellishment on this dress. It lends a certain sophistication and a formal Indian touch to the gown. 



Check out the churidar sleeves. They area favourite of mine as they add a slimming effect to unshapely arms.



The accessory is another favourite of mine. I love the framing it gives to my hair. Although it would look better on long curly hair or even a tied up bun or even a parandi pleated braid or even  fishtail braid, I think my short hair is just as equally decorated with this eye candy of a head chain as anything else.



So I think this outfit idea is your to go wear for any light wedding function. With so many celebrations happening around the wedding day, outfits such as these are light and breezy but yet effective wear to see you through one of the ceremonies.



So you can see through the day and night wearing this one and move freely, dance freely and run errands for the wedding freely.

Hope you enjoyed these tips!
Do stay tuned for more INDIAN WEAR ideas to come next!

Love
xoxo

2 comments: